A Breath of Fresh Air: 3 Ways to Freshen Up Your Bedroom
Do you wake up feeling refreshed and energized? Or do you wake up sluggish and overwhelmed with your environment? If you answered yes to the latter, then your bedroom may be to blame.
A fresh bedroom is not only more inviting and comfortable, but it can also be better for your overall health.
There are many reasons to keep your bedroom fresh. Having an organized, clean, and inviting bedroom can help you sleep better, improve your air quality, reduce stress levels, and increase productivity.
So where to start? Keep reading…
1. Put Things Away
When you're surrounded by clutter, it can be difficult to feel relaxed and at peace. A clean and organized bedroom, on the other hand, can create a more calming environment that can help reduce stress levels.
Clutter can make a bedroom feel cramped, especially if it is a small bedroom. Take some time to declutter your bedroom and put things away in their proper places. A common tip among professional organizers is everything should have a “home.” If it doesn’t, then it either needs one or it needs to go.
Keeping your room free of clutter and trash keeps your room feeling peaceful and relaxed, and will ultimately make it easier to clean and keep odours at bay.
2. Add Indoor Plants
Indoor plants can help to improve the air quality in your bedroom. They can also help to absorb odours and create a more relaxing atmosphere.
And don’t worry if you don’t have a green thumb! A lot of air-purifying plants are low maintenance or easy to care for.
Here are some options:
- Peace Lily: This is one of the most popular air-purifying plants. It’s easy to care for and can tolerate low-light conditions. They remove toxins like formaldehyde, and carbon monoxide from the air.
- Snake Plant: The snake plant is another easy-care plant that's great for bedrooms. It's also known for its air-purifying properties, removing toxins like benzene, formaldehyde, and trichloroethylene from the air.
- Spider Plant: The spider plant is a versatile plant that can tolerate a wide range of conditions. It's also a good air purifier, removing toxins like formaldehyde, xylene, and carbon monoxide from the air.
- ZZ Plant: The ZZ plant is a low-maintenance plant that's perfect for people who don't have a lot of time to care for plants. It's also a good air purifier, removing toxins like formaldehyde, xylene, and trichloroethylene from the air.
- Bamboo Plant: These plants make for not only beautiful decor, but they’re also good for air quality. They remove toxins like formaldehyde, xylene, and toluene from the air.
- English Ivy: This plant makes for beautiful hanging basket decor or window sill pieces. They are another good air purifier, removing toxins like formaldehyde, xylene, and ammonia from the air.
There are plenty more options available, too. Go to your local plant nursery and talk to a professional to see which plants best fit your and your home’s needs.
3. Change & Wash Sheets Regularly
Your sheets are one of the most important factors in determining how fresh your bedroom smells. The rule of thumb is to wash your sheets at least once a week. But if you have pets, maybe sweat a lot, or enjoy the occasional midnight snack in bed, you may need to wash them more often. This will help to keep your sheets clean and free of odours.
Another tip is to invest in bedding that naturally stays fresh for longer, like bamboo viscose sheets. Cosy House’s ultra-soft Luxury Bamboo Bed Sheets are a game changer for a fresh bedroom.
- They’re moisture-wicking, so they won’t absorb and hold sweat (and the odours that come with sweat)
- They’re hypoallergenic and repel common non-living allergens
- They’re naturally thermo-regulating, so they’ll keep you cool and comfortable all night long
- They’re machine washable, dryer-friendly, and keep their durability no matter how many times you wash them
What’s not to love?
So, there you have it—3 simple ways you can keep your bedroom fresh and make it into the ultimate sleep oasis!
And these tips are just the beginning. Want to learn more about keeping a fresh, clean, and cosy home? Check out our blog for even more tips and tricks!
What are some of your tips and tricks for keeping your bedroom fresh and clean? Let us know in the comments! We love hearing from our Cosy Community!
We've gone ahead & enclosed a 10% off coupon below for you to use if you'd like to take the plunge and try out our sheets for yourself! To shop our collection & get 10% OFF Use the code 'BLOG10' at checkout.